Filed under News

May 18 Press Release

Summer Edgenuity: Recover Course Credits

Our annual summer Edgenuity credit recovery program is open to all Hawks who need to make up course credits for graduation. Sign up with your school counselor by Friday, June 1, then attend the required pre-registration session from 6:00 to 8:00 Thursday evening, June 7 in our media center.

The Edgenuity program offers two open computer labs for credit recovery coursework Monday through Thursday evenings from 4:30 to 8:30. The program begins Monday, June 11 and runs through Thursday, July 12.

Hawk ‘Women of Tomorrow’ Earn Scholarship Awards

Our seniors in the SRHS ‘Women of Tomorrow’ chapter attended an awards luncheon April 25, with three of our Hawks receiving funds from the Ray and Shannon Allen Family Scholarship to purchase school supplies for college. Congratulations to ‘Women of Tomorrow’ Richline Arthur, who received $500; Jada Dacres, who received $200, and Makenna Po, who received $100. (Photo, L-R: Jada Dacres, Makenna Po, and Richline Arthur.)

Hawk Signs with Mount Union

Hawk senior Jeremiah Brown has signed a scholastic letter of intent to play football for the defending NCAA D-3 champion Raiders at the University of Mount Union in Alliance, Ohio. Brown, a three-year varsity player for The Ridge, has played running back, defensive back, receiver, punt and kick-off returner, and backup quarterback. (Photo: front row: Jeremiah Brown with sister Elon at left, mom and dad Nuclair and Rickey at right; back row: SRHS athletic director Scott Parks, football coaches James Parson and Jalani Lord, and principal James Campbell.)

Hawk Certified in Quickbooks

Accounting II student Jakob Goldbach has become the first Hawk to earn industry certification in Intuit Software’s small business accounting program QuickBooks. Congratulations!

Students of the Week

Our ‘Students of the Week’ program recognizes Hawks, nominated by our staff, for their academic excellence, their behavior, and their assistance with campus events. Congratulations to our ‘Students of the Week’ for May 14–18: Brayden Velez (grade 9); Caitlyn O’Neil (grade 10); Brianna Coffey (grade 11); and Kayla Portugal (grade 12).

May 18 Press Release