Filed under News

April 27 Press Release

Hawk Earns Sculling Silver

Seminole Ridge junior Gracie Leon, representing the North Palm Beach Rowing Club at the state sculling championship April 14 in Sarasota, earned a silver medal in the girls’ ‘Junior 1x’ competition, making her the second-fastest junior sculler in Florida. Leon, whose winning streak began at her first regatta in fall 2016, has medaled in every regatta she’s raced in this year.

Third Annual College Fair a Success

Hosted by the school counseling departments of Seminole Ridge, Wellington, Palm Beach Central, and Royal Palm Beach high schools, the Western Communities held their third annual spring college fair April 19 at RPBHS. Parent and students from all grade levels took the opportunity to meet with numerous college and university representatives and with community-based educational agencies. Herff Jones representatives were also available for graduation needs, and Score at the Top hosted a presentation about college admission.

The event saw a wonderful turnout, with more than 60 Ridge families in attendance. SRHS school counselor Dr. Melissa Garcia said “I’m so thrilled to once again collaborate with local high schools to provide our families with the chance to get an early start with the college admission process!”

Next spring Palm Beach Central HS will host the event.

Students of the Week

Our ‘Students of the Week’ program recognizes Hawks, nominated by our staff, for their academic excellence, their behavior, and their assistance with campus events. Congratulations to our ‘Students of the Week’ for April 23–27: Cloe Weber (grade 9); William Campbell (grade 10); Nelson Sutton (grade 11); and Daniela Acosta Alvarez (grade 12).

April 27 Press Release