Filed under News

April 20 Press Release

TV Production Earns FSPA Awards

Congratulations to our TV production academy students who competed and earned honors April 13-14 at the Florida Scholastic Press Association state convention in Orlando. This annual FSPA event features more than 1,300 students representing the best journalism programs in our state.

Our FSPA 2018 state convention winners:

First place:

• Evan Eisenstark, in the ‘Collaborative Commercial’ competition.

Honorable mentions:

• Anthony Bowie, Christina Gonzalez, Craig Inscoe, and Shannon O’Sullivan, in the ‘Man on the Street’ competition;
  • Jadelyn Bruce, Ana Fontecchio, and Caitlin Simpson, in the ‘Press Conference Coverage’ competition;
  • Megan Froehlich, in the ‘Snapchat Coverage’ competition;
  • Carly Swanson, Evan Upson, and Kayla Wright, in the ‘News Package’ competition.

Boys’ Track Repeats as Champs

Coached by Mr. Brian Pollick, our boys’ track team repeated as district champions April 17, winning their third title in the past four years and qualifying 16 of our boys’ and girls’ teams to advance to regional competition. Zachary Kameka was a double champion, winning the long jump and the triple jump. In addition, our 4×800 relay team of Kyle Hare, Kody Phelps, Nico Pieroni, and Matthew Zimmerman earned the gold for their event.

Students of the Week

Our ‘Students of the Week’ program recognizes Hawks, nominated by our staff, for their academic excellence, their behavior, and their assistance with campus events. Congratulations to our ‘Students of the Week’ for April 16–20: Yosbany Gonzalez (grade 9); Raul Valiente (grade 10); Shane Laurent (grade 11); and Jaquelinne Salazar (grade 12).

April 20 Press Release