Filed under News

April 13 Press Release

Ridge Counselors Reach Out with Coffee, Visits

The SRHS school counseling department hosted its final coffee talk of the school year April 4, with parents of freshman students receiving information on dual enrollment and summer enrichment opportunities. The event was well attended, and parents were able to meet all our school counselors and have their questions answered. In addition, there is a warehouse of information on dual enrollment and early admission on our school’s Edline home page under the ‘School Counseling’ tab.

Our counselors also finished visits to our two feeder middle schools—Osceola Creek and Western Pines—to register eighth grade students for their freshman year. The event went smoothly, and the student audiences were excited about their move to high school in August.

State Rates Ridge Chorus ‘Superior’

Our chamber chorus attended the state solo and ensemble assessments April 6 at Palm Beach Atlantic University receiving a ‘Superior’ rating under our new choral director Ms. Cheryl Lafond. Soloists Shantel Brown, Danielle Leslie, and Danielle Parks also earned ‘Superior’ ratings on their individual performances, and soloist Freddy Caceres earned a rating of ‘Excellent.’ Congratulations, choristers!

Hawks Honored as Finalists

For the first time in SRHS history, we have three students designated as National Merit Scholarship finalists! Congratulations to Hawk seniors Kayla Delapenha, Shreya Patel, and Andre Soucy.

Students of the Week

Our ‘Students of the Week’ program recognizes Hawks, nominated by our staff, for their academic excellence, their behavior, and their assistance with campus events. Congratulations to our ‘Students of the Week’ for April 16–20: Kailee Matthews (grade 9); Miranda Aucoin (grade 10); Valerie Rangel (grade 11); and Kerven Cassion (grade 12).

April 13 Press Release