Filed under News

March 23 Press Release

‘Coffee Talk’ with Freshman Parents

Our school counseling department cordially invites ninth grade parents to ‘Coffee Talk’ in our media center Wednesday morning, April 4 from 7:45 to 8:30. Discussion topics: dual enrollment and summer opportunities. Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to our school counseling office: [email protected].

TV Production Earns Nashville Wins

Students from the SRHS TV production academy earned honors in two events March 14–16 at the annual Student Television Network national convention in Nashville. Our Hawks competed among more than 3,000 students representing more than 100 of the top film and television programs nationwide.

Christina Gonzalez, Craig Inscoe, and Shannon O’Sullivan won second place in the ‘Spot Feature’ event, which required them to find and produce in under six hours a story on an assigned topic. View their winning news package at youtu.be/OJHh_RQGgBA.

And—for the first time—an SRHS team broke into third place in one of the convention’s most prestigious categories, ‘Broadcast News Magazine.’ Alexa Koenig and Shannon O’Sullivan produced our winning entry; Carsyn Bates and Christina Gonzalez edited it. The rest of the ‘Magazine’ team: Melina Adue, Jonathan Alvarez, Chloe Barcia, Bryce Brant, Jadelyn Bruce, Austin Cates, Ana Fontecchio, Megan Froehlich, Craig Inscoe, Kevin McCarthy, Caitlin Simpson, and Evan Upson. View their winning entry at youtube.com/watch?v=WL4AP93fWGg.

Congratulations to all!

Students of the Week

Our ‘Students of the Week’ program recognizes Hawks, nominated by our staff, for their academic excellence, their behavior, and their assistance with campus events. Congratulations to our ‘Students of the Week’ for March 26–30: Victoria Gonzalez (grade 9); Adriel Baltazar (grade 10); Justin Surface (grade 11); and Kailey Repici (grade 12).

March 23 Press Release